[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Building a sync RSG. (Motor Source)

><< Here's a possible source for a ready-made unit.  The latest catalog from
H&R
> Company, www.herbach-dot-com <http://www.herbach-dot-com> , has an 1800 RPM
> synchronous motor for $9.95.  It says: 1800 RPM reversible, continuous duty,
> 15VAC 60Hz, turque 5.6oz-in approx, rated 0.35Amps, Shaft 5/16" dia by 1"
> long with flat.  Motor 2 3/4 x 2 3/4 x 2 3/4, shaft-end mounting.

> The picture shows a squarish-looking case, so you couldn't rotate the
> housing to vary the phase as is often done.  Also, the unit is clearly on
> the small side for RSG-use, but may be usable if the size and mass of the
> rotor and electrodes is kept to a modest size.

> Regards, Gary Lau >>

Gary, all,

Hopefully this sync motor is not the type that can lock up at a
multitude of different phase positions like the one that Terry was using
for awhile.  He had to reset the phase everytime he ran the TC.  I
believe the kind we need can be either the hysterisis type, or the salient
pole type.  I don't know what the ones are called that can lock in
a multitude of positions....I never ran across one of those.

Cheers,
John Freau