[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: [FAQ] and UK winter Teslathon, and Brazil

Hi all

I will volunteer to write something towards chapters 1, 4, 5 (MMC's), a little
on 10 (ie off-axis tuning inductors) and some on 8 (ideas for Euro and UK
coilers who can't find anything bigger than 4" PVC).

I am going to Brazil with my wonderful (Brazilian!) ladyfriend on 5 Nov, so in
all likelihood I will not be able to attend the UK Teslathon, however I might
just be able to come w/o my coil. However I will be buying a laptop, modem and
digital camera b4 I go, so I should get a chance to help with the FAQ (while
drinking 'pinga' on the beach!). I am of course interested in any coilers in
either the Sao Paulo/Rio/Bahia areas, if there are any! I will be going
back via
Mexico, LA/SF, then by car across the States to NY to return to the UK. I am
prepared to make diversions, so any coilers on the way are welcome to
contact me
if they'd be happy to meet a UK enthusiast. I'd love to see some of those
*really* big US coils!! Feel free to get in touch by direct email if you are
going to be less than 500 miles either side of the main routes coast-coast.

Of course, I will check out for any bargains in Brazil, perhaps I might end up
shoving a few hundred pounds of magnet wire on the plane if it's really cheap!

I can do some editorial work and proofreading (my grammar and syntax is OK,
product of the English public school system!) as well....

regards

Alex Crow