[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: [FAQ]

Hi Ralph, All,
                    post to me as the list engine is gonna die if we send out
thousands (literally) of 20k long emails.
These are the sections that still need to be written.  If any of you want to
co-write them then feel free to make your own arrangements.

Preface - ?
1-?
2-?
3-Nick Field
4-?
5-?
6-?
7-?
8-Nick Field
9-?
10-?
11-Ralph Zekelman

This is what each chapter does:
Preface: What this document will tell you
Chapter 1: What is a Tesla Coil?
Topics: (Basic info, what it is, what it does, schematic, parts list)
Simple discussion of the following, assume the reader doesn't know anything
about
electricity. Not much detail, just enough to understand the rest of the doc:

Inductance
Transformers
Resonance
SAFTEY

Chapter 2: RF Grounds
Chapter 3: Power supply
NST
OBIT
Ignition Coil
Pole Pig
PT
Line Filters

Chapter 4: Transformer Protection Circuit
Mostly for NST protection..... Saftey gaps, filter circuits, etc.

Chapter 5: Primary Tank Cap
Talk about dielectric types, different kinds of caps, MMC, discuss the
refference
cap for the target design.

Chapter 6: Primary Spark Gap
Again, types, construction styles, static, static series, rotory
(sync/non-sync),
and the refference design

Chapter 7: Primary Coil
Hellical, Conical, Flat Spiral

Chapter 8: Secondary Coil
H/D Ratios, wire size, # of turns, construction tips, materials, preperation
(drying, sealing, etc.)

Chapter 9: Discharge Terminal
Types, construction, calcs for cap value...

Chapter 10: Tuning
What is tune? how to tune, using a temporary primary to learn the tune point,
how
cap value, primary and secondary turns, and topload value effect tune..

Chapter 11+: Special topics
higher power, magnifier theroy, ballasting, RF interference, dealing with
annoied
neighbors, solid state, tube, etc.

Appendix:
math, formulas, computer programs to help design coils, supplier lists, web
sites, the tesla list, anything else that would make good refference info.

Come on guys
Nick Field