[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Coil Design for Review

     Kind Tesla Gurus,

     Could you take a look at my TC design and tell me if you think it'll
work?
     I've started work on the sparkgap and ordered the cap, but the rest is
     changeable at this point.

     Is my sparkgap too wide?  Am i going to tap out the primary trying to
tune?

     Most importantly, will this make big, scary sparks?

     thanks, and any comments welcomed.
     paul mathus

     transformer: 2 banked 12kv 30ma NSTs, for 12kv 60ma total.

     sparkgap: static RQ/TCBOR type gap, fan cooled, 13 gaps of .03 each for
     total gap of .39"

     tank capacitor: Fair Radio .01 mfd 100kvdc cap

     primary: flat, 15 turns of 1/4" refrigerator tubing at 1/4" spacing,
     inside diameter 8", outside diameter 22.5", 60ft total. inductance
     92.9 uh

     secondary: 6" x 24", 22 gauge magnet wire, 37 turns/inch.  approx 900
     turns. resonant freq 304 kHz unloaded, 154 kHz loaded with toroid
     below.

     Toroid: 30" x 6" aluminum ducting, C(pf)=32