[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Calculating VA

	How does one go about calculating the VA rating for a transformer?  Is it
logical to assume that it is Voltage * Current?  (15000 V * .060 A = 900VA).
Would that be correct?  If so, would that mean that a smaller VA rating is
better?  Also, how is power calculated (for Watts)?  I keep forgetting.  As
a third question - What effects does the self inductance of the primary coil
have on the operation of a Tesla Coil?  I noticed Tesla filed a patent for a
coil with a reduced self inductance, and I was wondering if it would be
suitable for use in a Tesla Coil.  The patent consisted of two wires wound
in parallel, and the second lead formed from the middle of the wire Length
(I believe).  It is on the keelynet Tesla Patent resource.  Thank you,

-Andy Cleary