[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: My 8" coil details. was: Re: was low voltage trans.

At 04:22 AM 10/18/1999 -0600, Tesla List wrote:
>Original Poster: "Reinhard Walter Buchner" <rw.buchner-at-verbund-dot-net>

<snipped>

>sure I could NOT couple this high. I also have a "screw on" RF ground
>connection. I do NOT like the RQ/TCBOR RF ground connection
>technique.
>

>Coiler greets from Germany,
>Reinhard

I found that the "rubber band" approach to holding the outbound RF
ground strap to the base of the secondary really sucks. The rubber
bands shrivel up and dry out real fast at high current levels, plus you
just cannot get a firm TIGHT grip with this method. I finally screwed
it down using self-tapping brass screws through the ground strap
into the base of the secondary. It has a FIRM grip, good contact
and works exceptionally well.

Don

http://www.fwpd-dot-net/dona/tesla/teslacoil.htm