[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Corona and Sphere - Puzzle -addition

    >snip
<< Let us consider behavior of smooth sphere excited by
> TC h.f wave form.Let sharp point be added at one side
> of sphere to allow issuing of spark.Let be considered
> only single pulse mode.Let diameter of  sphere be
> 10".When voltage on sphere reaches 300-350 KV sphere
> should discharge in all directions in air,not only
> through already formed sharp point path judging by
> experiments of the same sphere without sharp point
> added.However,it proceeds to discharge through sharp
> point path despite voltages of 400 KV or more.At last
> when voltage in the order of 500 KV is reached

Boris,

You've measured these voltages of 400 to 500kV on the sphere while
the sparks are emitting from the sharp point?  I thought perhaps the
streamers from the point would load down the voltage and prevent it
from going that high, and might even reduce the voltage to 150kV or so?

Just a thought,
John Freau
---