[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Remote Tuned Primary (RTP) ideas...

They don't work too well at high voltages though..

On the "break" they tend to draw an arc.

The internal gap is also not very big (when the mercury is in the pool at
the bottom).

However, for a line voltage application (like my suggestion of a remote
controlled ballast) they are ideal.. Love them in fact, they are quiet (no
loud CLACK) for the current they carry.