[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Running higher than 400 BPS?

I built an asyncronous RSG with top break rate about 367 BPS. The results I
got during a couple of 30' runs were encouraging. I bet 20% longer
streamers, with biforcations all along the streamers (instead of the usual
long streamer with a few biforcation near its end).

The fact is that varying the RSG speed from slow to fast I could only notice
increasing performance, reaching the maximum together with top speed.

My question is: anybody using an RSG with break rate higher than 400 BPS?
That is, is it worth for me adding a couple more of rotating electrodes to
reach 734 BPS or not?

My tank supply is a 6.5 kV MOT voltage doubler, 0.05uF primary cap: I am not
able to say how fast the cap gets charged by the supply.

My TC and RSG designs can be found at
http://vci.vistacom.fi/~marco/mytesla.html

 Marco Denicolai                   Vista Communication Instruments, Inc.
 Hardware Development Manager      www.vistacom.fi

 marco-at-vistacom.fi                 Kaisaniemenkatu 13 A
 fax:    +358-9-622-5610           SF-00100 HELSINKI
 phone:  +358-9-622-623-15         Finland

   Remember, Murphy was an optimist! I am not...