[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: NST can't power Jacobs ladder!?

Jacob's Ladders are sometimes balky and difficult to adjust.  I powered one
with a 9kvac-at-60ma NST, and the arc refused to rise.  It just stayed in one
spot.  Ditto for another ladder powered by a hefty 2KV MOT (the arc was hot
enough to weld with!).  The flaming arc was most impressive, but it
wouldn't move upward.  However, my 15kvac/30ma NST ladder worked flawlessly
with only a few minutes tinkering to get it adjusted.  Just one of those
things.

Greg