[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: RFI isolation

Matt,

Here are a few possibilities:

  - Conducted RFI through the wires coming into the box, including power

  - Insufficient electrical connection all along the edges of the box

  - Magnetic field coupling from the tank circuit when the gap fires

Move the box so that it's further away from the gap. Go to a steel box
or add mu-metal shielding to the interior of the box. Run continuous
copper foil around the joints of the box. Add additional filtration to
the incoming power, or power the electronics via an internal battery.
These changes should do the trick.

-- Bert --