[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Is time important

--- Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com> wrote:
> Original Poster: FutureT-at-aol-dot-com

> << > Hi all,
>  >          Just a quick question I have a really
> big
>  > (for the coil its on)
>  > torroid made out of a old truck tire inner. When
>  > turn my coil on (see
>  > specs below) nothing happens, instantly. If i
> left
>  > it run for a while
>  > would it eventually build up charge and shoot a
>  > really big spark? Does
>  > time have anything to do with it?
>  > Would greatly appreciate any help.
>  >
>  >

>  >        Thanx Paul >>
>
> Paul,
>
> If the toroid is so large that the spark can barely
> break out,
> sometimes a degree of ionization has to build up in
> the air before
> the spark can break out.  This can take a few
> seconds.  This was
> occuring in my recent test with the small 3" by 12"
> coil and the
> 3" by 10" smooth toroid.
>
> John Freau

Hi John,Paul,
Yes it is possible but electrical field at the surface of  torroid must
be really on the edge of breaking out.I'm sure in a complete dark
barely visible thin bluish film  can be noticed on a torr. or if not
noticed than registrated with sensitive equipment even in a sigle pulse
mode.

Regards,
Boris