[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: X-rays from light bulbs/Tesla Coils

And, the xray hazard from old color TV's wasn't from the picture tube, but
was from the HV rectifier in the 2nd Anode power supply.  These tubes are
available in two forms (with the same part number, of course) one with a
lead glass envelope, the other not. Apparently, they are distinguishable by
their weight.  I seem to recall an article in "the Bell Jar"
(http://www.tiac-dot-net/users/shansen/belljar/ ) talked about it, and had some
radiographs.