[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: first tesla coil

Just FYI, my 6" coil got 2-3 feet with a 15KV 30mA power supply. I'd say you're
out of tune. Try adding more primary turns. The cap may be a smaller value then
you expected. I know my rolled poly caps were. I needed both of them in
parallel
to be able to tune mine with a 15 turn primary. And even then I think I still
needed a bit more. I used #22 wire for the secondary, so that would have
effected my resonant frequency. But yours shouldn't be too far off from mine.

Travis