[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: NST and Bridge rectifier to stop res rise

Hi Richie,
               Thanks for an extremely interesting and thought-provoking
response.  My suggestion about the bridge rect. was obviously far
too quickly made and off the cuff. Now I have to think some more to
see whether some good really could come of it.
      A possible scheme I once came up with involved DC charging
and the use of some heavy SCRs with equally heavy back-
commutating diodes to carry the opposite half cycle current and
possibly allow the SCRs recovery time for some chosen number of
primary cycles. And yes - the ratings of these devices are in the kV
and kA range. However, the dV/dt ratings are not wonderful. It's on
the "something to try before I die" list.

Regards,
Malcolm