[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Ribbons

Flat Ribbon Conductors

For my next coil I want to use a ribbon conductor for the primary to
greatly increase efficiency (reduce the damped wave in the tank).
Obviously copper would be the best (well, who can afford gold!), but I am
having problems locating any. I am a college kid, so I can't afford to go
to an expensive custom sheet metal shop. I have heard that you can buy
copper roof flashing (haven't ever seen any though) or you can use
aluminum roof flashing. Has anyone out there tried to use aluminum roof
flashing in this manner? Is there a recommended width that is best. I
suppose a wider strip would be more efficient, but it would also have a
higher coupling co-efficient, so you'd have to raise the secondary up out
of the field. Suggestions anyone?

Dan
Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno-dot-com/get/tagj.