[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

commercial caps

Today I contacted Nwl capacitors and talked with Gary Jones. He says
they dont make capacitors for Tesla coil applications anymore. It seems
that these companies dont want to take on the task of building
commercial caps for this application. The only other two companies that
I know of is Plastic Capacitors Inc.( which are very nice people to deal
with) and Condensor Products Corp. They will not sell to private
individuals its a shame because I live 15 miles up the road from them.
Im sticking with Plastic Capacitors Inc. Im sure there are companies
like maxwell  and a few others.
I dont know what will happen to this hobby if all these companies decide
to stop making commercial caps for us guys that like high power. My
moral of this posting is "get them while you can" this is just my
opinion.
Best Regards Jeff