[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Scott gap

Paul,
I am very pleased with the Scot gap. I used G10 for the mounting slabs. You
probably by now saw the photo on Terry's web page. He sold me the G10. He may
have some left.*
The construction is very obvious from the photo but the measurements are
quite critical.
The layout is obvious from the photo and the actual measurements will depend
on the size of the copper sweat fittings. I did not machine the furrows as
described in Scot's
original. I think my variation is easier to make and it allows for a more
flexible
adjustment. The furrows lock you in to just one way only. Use zirconium
drills to drill the holes. Work up to the final size in several steps. I used
a fine-toothed metal cutting blade on the band saw. Also, I don't think it is
too great an idea to inhale the cutting dust. I went
to an elaborate contraption to hookup the vacuum cleaner to catch the G10
dust.
Hope this helps.
Good luck on the project.

Happy day,