[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Corum's new paper, a "naive swindle"? for Noah

Hi Noah,

The term "naive swindle" originated on the corum paper "Class Notes", page
10. They say "modeling with lumped circuits is of marginal utility (it's a
naive swindle!)". If it's nasty talk, they are the ones that originated it!
The Corum paper is a slap in the face, stating that only "sophomores" would
consider a lumped circuit model of the Tesla coil. I've spent thousands of
hours thinking about Tesla coils, published some of my own work (and even
went through a divorce partly because of it), and for what, to be called a
sophomore? I am a strong believer that the resonator can be modeled with a
lumped circuit. I believe the Corum brothers are just as strong for their
transmission line theory. I agree with alot of their theories, but I do not
like the way they attack the lumped circuit model.

Regards, Duane A Bylund