[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Torque needed to spin the secondary?

You don't need any torque to keep it moving, only to accelerate it
(Newtons second law, if I'm not mistaken), the enemy is friction, how
good bearings can you get ?. A small syncronous motor would be a nice
thing to use, microwave turntable motors are suprisingly strong for
their size and you probably have a supply of them (:-)), I see from your
website you are another MOT'er.

Max Erhard (UK)