[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: BYM36G diode wanted

Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com> on 13.04.2000 01:25:32

To:   tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
cc:    (bcc: Marco Denicolai/MARTIS)
Subject:  Re: BYM36G diode wanted

>> Here are its specs:
>>
>> - Continuous reverse voltage: 1400 V
>> - Average forward current: 2.9 A
>> - Reverse recovery time: 250 ns
>>
>Original Poster: "Malcolm Watts" <malcolm.watts-at-wnp.ac.nz>
>
>Hi Marco,
>                 Have you considered the UF5408 ?  The PIV is a bit
>lower but the current is in the ballpark and the recovery time is an
>order of magnitude better. I will be using 4 strings of these together
>with some equalizing components in my cap charger.
>
>Regards,
>Malcolm

Hi.

That's a 1kV device: it's no problem to get such, plenty of possibilities.

I want at least a 1300V device. I have also a ready PCB where there is place
only for 5 diodes on each side of the bridge. The tranformer can get up to 5 kV
pulsed, that's why I don't thrust to use 1kV diodes.

Regards