[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Question about DC resonant charging

Tesla List wrote:

> Original Poster: "Marco Denicolai" <Marco.Denicolai-at-tellabs.fi>

> >Original Poster: "David Dean" <deano-at-corridor-dot-net>
> >
> >Questions to you who use DC resonant charging.

snipped.....

>The inductor is also going to be physically big.

This depends, I measured the inductance of my homemade transformer
before I put it on the core, and it is 7 Henry. This is a half
secondary, putting out 10 kV.

It can be seen here:
http://home5.inet.tele.dk/f-hammer/tesla/tesla.htm
go to "homemade pig", I can supply further info if needed, but in my
view, making an air-core HV choke for a DC system doesn`t pose any major
problem, other than determining the suitable size in Henries.

Cheers, Finn Hammer

snipped....