From: Kennan C Herrick <kcha1-at-juno-dot-com>
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2000 10:38:14 -0700
Subject: Re: That secondary behaviour, E-Tesla5, and Corum's thing...

Terry (& all)-

Boy!...it seems as if between us we've flogged this horse if not to death
at least into a coma!  Your Ken05 is exactly what I see.  Looking at
Ken10, I think that Antonio's point in his posting of today is operative,
in the case of the top-loading shown in the "lumped" waveform:  The
slowing down of the "lumped" response is due to having to charge up the
probe's capacitance-to-ground.  And no doubt the same thing happens when
one has a "real" top load attached.

Having forgotten the transmission-line theory I at least temporarily
learned 50 years ago, I don't have a notion as to why the probe
capacitance will advance the transmission-line wave.  Can you explain
that in terms adapted to the meanest understanding?

Ken Herrick

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno-dot-com/get/tagj.