[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Control boxes

I've been seeing postings about control boxes but haven't paid attention
to them; except now, I thought perhaps what I use would be of interest.

I control my solid-state t.c. via a small hand-held "box", at the end of
a 15 ft. cable; it is actually the handle from a surplus joystick
controller.  It has a momentary pushbutton and a momentary "trigger" that
I use to enable and run, respectively, the coil.  I also incorporate a
potentiometer that adjusts the spark rep-rate.

I've added to the handle, internal to it, a small multi-section
telescoping antenna that I can pull out to perhaps 4 ft. length.  It
connects internally to the shield of the cable, leading to ground, and I
use it optionally to pull sparks from the top electrode.  Gives me a nice
feeling of power especially when I laugh crazily while doing it.

Ken Herrick
Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno-dot-com/get/tagj.