[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Reactance and small pigs

Hi Nathan,

If you are going for a non-current limited Trany, don't worry about
"resonant" cap matching. Match your cap for the power level you want to
process. Resonance matching is something to squeeze out everything possible
from a Neon. I have a 7200V potential trany and believe it'll be just fine
for a standard TC (only used it up to 2.5' sparks, so far,due to
time/space/noise issues). If you can get two, the better, as you can now do
 14.4-at-6KVA (assuming 3 KVA pigs), more voltage, same current rating. Don't
you live in Newport? If so get several (if cheap ;-)) and I'll buy one off
of you (I am in Eugene).

Regards,

David Trimmell