rated at 150W.
Primary is rated 5 KV max.

I have done the following experiments, and more -

#1) No limiting - It drew a huge flaming arc in the air, and didn't blow a
fuse. - the output wire got a bit hot.
#2) Same as above, but with a 150 W, 100 ohm resistor across HV(r1).  Vr1 =
150v/100 ohm = I = 1.5 amp
#3) A MOT primary in series with Vin (the MOT HV shorted) - It drew another
flame, smaller than the first.
#4) The same as #3, only with the 150W, 100 ohm resistor across the HV(r1).
Vr1 = 50 v / 100 ohm = I = .5 amp
#5) I tried measuring the output current w/out r1 with my DMM, 20A range.
Nothing happened, I must have blown it's fuse.

All of the above were done with ~120 vac in (Vin), and the transformer
itself stayed stone-cold.

Based on the above information Is the following statement O.K.?

The transformer does not need current limiting, so I will have a 5000 volt
1.5 amp source for my TC.

Will I actually be getting 1.5 amps without limiting, or did the 100 ohm
resistor limit the current some other way?  Will the rating be different
with a TC, where the tank circuit has little (or no) resistance?

Thank You,

-Andy Cleary