[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A few questions and comments

Question:

I have found that a lot of people recommend a 3:1 ratio for secondary size
and am wondering if there is point in which the ratio isn't as
important.  Also, how important is keeping the number of turns between 800
and 1000?  I am in the process of building a large secondary (6 to 8 feet
long and as wide as necessary) and want to make sure I don't make it too
long that the number of turns is higher than optimal.  I am using 17 gauge
wire.

Does anyone know what materials Greg Leyh used to build his large, open air
secondary (not the Electrum coil) ?

Comments:

I am very impressed with the quality of information that comes across this
list.  Even though I have some trouble following the big math
conversations, I learn something new every post and eventually will
understand it all much better.

Thanks,

Chris