[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Secondary winding spacing

In a message dated 4/17/00 3:18:15 PM Pacific Daylight Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

<< Original Poster: "Marco Denicolai" <Marco.Denicolai-at-tellabs.fi>

 Hello all.

 My secondary is 71" tall (winding is 59" long)  by 15.7" o.d.

 1. Should the last turns of the secondary winding (near the top) be spaced
 instead of being thight wound as the rest of the coil?

 2. If yes, how many turns and what spacing (about)?

 3. Have anybody got strong evidence that it improves anything?

 Regards

Marco,

I have tight wound turns up to what I call the top end of the winding length.
 Then I have maybe 3 or 4 turns reaching up 10" to the bottom of the first
toroid (I use 2).  As you would guess these loose turns are an inch or two
apart.   Seems to work fine and I do not have any corona problems.

Ed Sonderman