[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

MMC advice...

Hello everyone,

    Could anyone provide some good combinations (series/parallel) for my
capacitors. I have 250 mylar capacitors rated 1000v -at- .0027uF...
I just bought these on ebay for $10  and I would like to get the largest
capacitance/voltage combination as possible.  What should the maximum voltage
be to avoid failure and provide enough capacitance for at least 1KVA?  This is
my first try at an MMC, Does anyone have any good ideas how to mount each cap?
i.e. tiewraps, epoxy, on acrylic? on hdpe?
Also, how should I connect the strings in parallel? Should I use copper tubing,
brass, aluminum stock etc?
Thanks alot...

-Michael