Subject: Re: big plasma ball
Author:  Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com> at INTERNET
Date:    4/18/00 6:13 PM

Original Poster: "Malcolm Watts" <malcolm.watts-at-wnp.ac.nz>
<snip>

The insulation which works at normal atmospheric pressure would be
*gone*. However, the voltages at which these things work is
nowhere near typical TC voltages. What I found was needed for the
ball I fixed (it ran CW from an inverter) was a lot of power. The
shunt capacitance it presented to the power supply was very high.
You would have to take this into account when considering the use
of a TC. In fact, you'd really need to know the range of values under
different streamer conditions before you even started designing a
TC to run it.

Regards,
Malcolm