[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Secondary Core.

Snip...

> Overall, the coil form material has minimal effect on the spark output,
> and as far as coating the coil, this helps to protect the coil from
damage,
> from racing sparks, and holds the wire in place.  The form of course
> should not be an extremely lossy or conductive material which would
> of course be NG.  But if you replace PVC with polyethylene for instance,
> you won't see an improvement.
>
> Cheers,
> John Freau

Hi John,

This is the first time in 2 1/2 months I have seen a statement like this
(since I joined the list)! And I can tell you, it makes me happy to see a
support for my feeling I had about this subject. I couldn't imagine that
max. 3% water in PVC could absorbe a noticable amount of energy. The more
because of the limited volume we talk about. But I wonder, is the conclusion
based on your own observation. Understand me well, I do not have a
reservation against your statement. I'am only interested in the way you
found out something that I felt to be true with only basic knowledge. (I
hope I expres myself clearly, because the amount of white port I had).

Greetings from very dark Holland without any lightning :-(( ,

Ruud