[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Sync Rotary Questions

I'm getting ready to build a sync rotary, but I have a
few questions. I have a 4.25" x 21.5" 24AWG secondary
and probably won't go over several kVA. I have a nice
1800 rpm sync motor and am planning on a 7" x 1/4" G10
rotor.

1. I've seen some rsg's with two gaps, and some with
four gaps. Which is best for relatively low powered
coils?

2. What is a good diameter for electrodes? McMaster
Carr has 1/8" TIG electrodes. Is that big enough?

3. McMaster Carr has TIG electordes that are either
pure tungsten or 2% thorated tungsten. Which is best?

thanks

=====
Adam Minchey
yurtle_t-at-yahoo-dot-com