[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: found - sprague red HV capacitors more details

thanks for the reference, it was helpful.

http://www.ceramite-dot-com/cap7.html  has details on these caps, thanks

here is what i found.  (relevant caps are 30DKT5 and 20dkd47, ratings are at
60 hz, it says "DF" 2% max -at- 1 khz")

PERFORMANCE CHARACTERISTICS:
Operating Temperature Range: -30°C to +85°C
Storage Temperature Range: -40°C to +100°C
Dielectric Strength: 150% of rated voltage, chargingcurrent limited to 50mA.
Resistance: 200,000 megohms or 1000VF minimum at 25°C.
Corona Limit: 50 picocoulombs at rated AC voltage.
Self Resonant Frequency: Ranges from 50 MHz for small diameters to 10 MHz
for large diameters.
Dissipation: Limit to 25°C rise above ambient, measured on case

"KT series ceramic material is specially designed to handle AC current, due
to low dissipation factor.

it shows a typical ap in the HV section as a focus filter

says "applicaitons where high dv/dt is present will operate at high peak
currents.  capacitors shoudl be evaluated in the actual circut for dv/dt
greater than 2000v/microsec.

Cap Catalog page 32

anyway, if anyone is interested, contact me off the list, I still have a few
left