[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Snapshots in time of a MWO process

Hi Harvey,

	The "TV Coupling" function on your scope is used to lock NTSC vertical and
horizontal sync pulses so you can observe video signals.  Since the video
level's average voltage bounces around in video signals, the standard AC
and DC coupling often gets confused and a scope has a hard time locking.
With a complex signal other than video.  The TV sync coupling function will
often false trigger due to many reasons depending on the form of the input
signal.  It looks to me like the triggering on the scope is totally
confused.  I would use AC or DC coupling and try a single shot "triggered"
mode or the "normal mode" and the signal should clear up to what we would
all expect.  I think the scope trace is passing over the phosphor about 100
times and you are just seeing a few traces that are not all syncing the same.

Cheers,

	Terry