[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Here's a way to get more out of less with a solidstate coil.

At 03:15 AM 04/22/2000 -0400, you wrote:

>    I've done all of these experiments in a college level course at a
>vocational school, and my teachers let me spend almost 6 months working on
>nothing but, resonance because, I kept getting results like the results
>shown at this link.
>
>http://members.xoom-dot-com/suckyfish/melissa/Resonance/index.html

snip...

Hi James,

	Not only do you need to look at the current and voltage values, but you
also need to examine the phase relationship between them.

Power = RMS Voltage x RMS Current x COS(of the angle between them)

But that is only for pure continuous sine waves.  For a "messy" signal you
will have to integrate the voltage multiplied by the current over time:

P = INTEGRAL ( V x I) dt

A fancy digital dual channel storage scope can output the signals to Excel
if all else fails in trying to determine the true power in the real situation.

Of course, your circuit has no way of creating more "power" than you put
into it, but you can resonant up high voltages and high currents.  Since
they are typically 90 degrees out of phase, the power is tiny.  However,
you can store up a substantial amount of energy in the circuit over time.

Cheers,

	Terry

Of course, your circuit has no way of creating more power than you put into it