[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: My spark gap

Brad,
The heat absorption capability of a heavy, solid brass cabinet knob is the
way to go.
But as you are using eight of them I get the idea that the gap is along the
rim of the knob.
I think you are losing most of the heatsink advantage. A lot probably depends
on the shape of the knobs. I have two brass cabinet knobs with just a plain,
brghtly polished, slightly convex face opposite a 1-inch copper sweat
coupling. It works great. With the mass of brass absorbing most of the heat,
the copper can turn black before the brass shows any wear.

Cheers,
Ralph Zekelman