[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: The GEHEISLR cup homepage.

Hi Sam,

At 05:28 PM 04/23/2000 -0700, you wrote:
> Ok, Terry, your challenge has been accepted:-) Consider me now a
>participant of the GEHEISLR cup! If you don't mind, I have made a
>homepage compiling most of the information regarding the cup and plan
>on posting details of my system to it. The page can be accessed trough
>http://www.powerlabs-dot-org/gmheicslr.htm

WOW!  That's great!!  This can be a common place for people's efforts at
trying to take the GMHEICSLR cup away from me (as futile as that may be ;-))).

> Any comments or suggestions on how to make it better are more than
>welcome, of course. It would be nice to make this the official
>homepage. For that, anyone entering could e-mail me details of their
>system including photos and such and I could place it online under
>their name...

Yes!  This can definitely be the official home page.  Many thanks for your
efforts in putting it all together!

I see you have the photo of me and "my" cup too! ;-))

http://users.better-dot-org/tfritz/site/misc/TandC.jpg

That must be a tremendous inspiration to all ;-))

BTW - There is a secret I forgot to mention (at least recently)...  The
coil gives a longer spark in one polarity than the other.  Negative
voltages tend to arc much better than positive ones.  The GM coil's ring up
tends to have a single maximum high peak and you want to be sure it is
negative or your spark will be shorter.  Just reverse the primary leads at
low power and it will be obvious which connection is best.

BTW - If anyone has any off list questions, I will be happy to answer them
but it is best if your write to my other e-mail address <terrellf-at-uswest-dot-net> .

Cheers,

	Terry