[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Bang the rocks together harder lumpophiles

Hi, Antonio,

In the lasts paragraph as was attempting  explain that our different views
were probably due to the fact that I view it all from a propagating wave
perspective where as you appear not to make this distinction.

For example you suggest that there is no average power can flow in a driven
open circuit line and that the current is out of phase with the voltage.
Correct  but I would put a directional power meter on the line and it would
show that  there was average power flowing one way (in phase V and I)  and
average power (in phase V and I) flowing the other way. The power sum would
be zero with the actually line V and I at 90deg.

We appear to agree an most thing.  I did not understand that you where
referring to the impedance looking in to the line and I guess you did not
understand the significance of the capitalised word "propagating" after my
comment about all lines are resistive.  I was referring to the wave
impedance of the line.

In these types of discussion its easy to misunderstand things.

Regards Bob