[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Should I use a 4" or a 6" secondary? and a few more questions.

Hi Bob,

I would definatly go for the 6" coil, but use #24 gauge, this will give
you an secondary of about 45 mH, and will resonate at 250 KHz unloaded. A
4" form will leave you wanting...

You should see Terry Fritz's neon protection design (I'm not sure where it
is though, Terry?)*, he uses MOV's, and warns against using L AND C in it.

Good luck,

David Trimmell

*   http://www.peakpeak-dot-com/~terryf/tesla/misc/Filter.jpg