[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: extremely heat efficient spark gap idea

In a message dated 4/25/2000 1:07:55 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:

<<     A spark gap should stay relativly simple and not have too many
mechanical
 parts involved in it. I mean why go through all the trouble of desining some
 track system when you can build an RQ gap. And if you don't wanna build an
RQ
 cap you can build a Scott gap, a Alan's Crap Gap (that's the one i made..
 just bolt a few copper pipes on a cutting board) or even just two bolts!
 -Alan >>

I must ask, how is placing a small metal tube on the end of a train and
putting a metal wire around a track much harder than building a rotary?
Also, the good things about my idea is that A. the speed is easily
controlled. B. The breaks in the spark can be set to different lengths
throughout the track. C. "fancy" spark gaps like small Richard Quick gaps can
be placed on larger scale trains.  D.It's a whole lot cooler looking...