[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

bigger tranny?

hey all

after 3 months of looking at tesla coils, I have to ask how bigger
transformers would increase ur output if the tank cap, spark gap and the
primary remain the same. Say for an instance that I have a 9 kv, 30 ma
tranny, and I get some 2 foot sparks. If i upgraded to using a pole pig (15
kv at 300 ma) with the same tank cap, spark gap and primary. My capacitor
would charge and break the gap at the same voltage. would my output spark
increase?
how can one tell the strength of a primary?
what factor determines this??

thanks for reading
regards
-------------manjinder bains----------
p.s. i live near yuba city california. I dont know of a single person that
knows more about tesla coils than me in this city. I was wondering if any of
you lived near by so I could form a group.

NetZero - Defenders of the Free World
http://www-dot-netzero-dot-net/download/index.html