[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

GM coil cup progress

hello to all who may be chasing that "GMHEICSLR cup"

This ignition coil was my first tesla coil. I accidentally found out the
output by connecting it with a supply (got a chillin shockin experience also
:) My circuit is a little different then what others use. But today i got 8
inch sparks out of it. I dipped my coil in oil and powered it like
this-----check out the schematic
http://www.angelfire-dot-com/rnb/moneyyuba/igncoil.jpg

the only problem was that i didn't have any handy insulation oil around the
house so i used motor oil instead, and dropped the coil in. i used heavy
insulated spark plug wires. but then i found out they were'nt heavly
insulated enough. seconds after the first light, the wires broke out arcs.
but i did see 8 inch, 10 inch max sparks. I haven't tried removing the core.
the second problem was that the motoroil wasn't insulated enough. I began
seeing smoke.

hey record holder/cup guy/terry
you got any pictures of that 13.25 inch spark?
and dont worry about people using the ford version because it stinks.
i was thinking about modification. melting down the plastic insulation to
reduce inner arcing. I dont know if that will work. but however my father is
a "mechanic". i got literally thousands of coils laying out there. THis 18
year old wont be leaving the cup anytime soon. HOw old are you?

regards
i live in yuba city, ca. Im looking for coilers in the area. So if you live
near by please lemme know : )

NetZero - Defenders of the Free World
http://www-dot-netzero-dot-net/download/index.html