[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: MOT Voltage & Current

In a message dated 4/28/00 4:04:24 AM Pacific Daylight Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

<< What is the typical secondary coil voltage and current rating of a
microwave
 oven transformer?

 My volt meter goes  up to 750 volts.  I know the output voltage of the
 transformer is much higher than that.

 The transformer has no tags or stickers with ratings.  I assume the primary
is
 120 vac.

 Gary Weaver

Gary,

I believe it is about 2,000 to 2,500 volts at about 500 ma.  If it is out of
a consumer (as opposed to commercial) unit, it should be a 120 volt primary.
I would apply a small primary voltage with a variac, measure the secondary
voltage, calculate the turns ratio and calculate the secondary voltage.

Ed Sonderman