[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Capacitance distribution along the secondary inductor

> Original Poster: Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>
>
> Hi all,
>
> The question has come up as to how the capacitance along the secondary
> really IS distributed.  I reprogrammed E-Tesla5 to cut the coil into 10
> sections and compute the capacitance of each section.  This was done by
> setting the voltage one a given section to what it normally is and setting
> the rest of the coil to zero volts.
>
> Section Capacitance
> 1 0.0234
> 2 0.0550
> 3 0.1216
> 4 0.1595
> 5 0.3433
> 6 0.5482
> 7 0.5922
> 8 1.1191
> 9 1.6853
> 10 3.6935

Hi Terry,

Most interesting. I hope you will be able to make a graph, because it looks
to me there is something wrong with the values of section 7 and maybe 6. I
don't think it is possible to come up with a formula that explains this
ditribution. Sorry to bring the bad news.

Ruud