[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Better Gap Worth Effort

  hey "gary"

  I get a better arc off my coil..

 I will make and use a sync gap.
 And at the time i am makeing more caps.
 My coil took 2 years to build, and i spent 40.00 to make my coil how much did
you spend??
 The coil. Secondary 17" x 4" carboard tube 3/8.
35 turns per inch.

power'd biy 3 NST at 6KV 90ma all are hook up in parallel.

toroid 5" 21" rigded drian pipe covered with aluminum foil.

primary 1/4 copper tubeing at 15 deg tap at 8 turns.
the sorports are pyrex glass 3/8 thik.

The spark gap is a air gap no money put in it????

kid-kv

> Original Poster: "Lau, Gary" <Gary.Lau-at-compaq-dot-com>
>
> Hey "kid" -
>
> So-called RQ (AKA TCBOR cylinder) gaps and air blast gaps ARE static gaps.
> But I also agree that forced air flow over any kind of static gap will
> result in far better performance than without.
>
> Gary Lau
> Waltham, MA USA
>
> P.S. - Get a spell checker!
>
>> Original Poster: "unicorn" <unicorn-at-telerama-dot-com>
>>
>> HELLO,
>>
>>  I think static gaps are crape.  Tah take to long to cleen and it do not
>> quench to good. A rsq or a air blast gap works much better then a static
>>

>>  kid-kv
>>
>> P.S I made a air gap with a fan and brass serws and it works much better
> then
>> the static gap i had. The static gap took to long to cleen. My coil has
>> bottle caps and a air gap. With the fan i get 12" eze with out the fan i
> get
>> 4" to 7" sparks. does that give the id.?

Regards