[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: vacuum spark gap

I don't believe that a "vacuum spark gap" actually involves a vacuum.
Rather it employs a vacuum cleaner motor to suck or blow air across static
gaps.  The spark gap must assume a low resistance state in the triggered
condition, and this requires plasma - super hot ionized air.  I don't think
a spark gap would work in a vacuum, and it would work poorly in low pressure
air.

Gary Lau
Waltham, MA USA