Re: 3-1000z coil, more questions

Ross!

I noticed on your schematic, that you are aware of the need to turn the
filaments on, before applying plate voltage.

Here is a clever arrangement of 2 DPST switches, ensuring that no matter
switch is thrown first, the filament transformer is sure to get the
juice first.

  Please view in a fixed-width font such as Courier.

                          ./
                          /
                   o----o/.   0------------o
                   o----o/.   0-o          ) Plate Xfmr
                   |            |          )
                   |            |          )
                   |            |   +------o
                   |      ./    |   |
                   |      /     |   |
                        o/.   0-----+      ) Fil. Xfmr
                        |                  )
    Line in             |                  )
                        |                  )

Hope you will find it usefull.
Cheers, Finn Hammer

(Who snipped this arrangement from Sound Practices Vol.2 #1 )