(spacing of windings)RE: Need Secondary wire source

Has anybody tried winding a secondary using threaded PVC?

Its pretty easy to cut a thread into a piece of pipe using a lathe. It
wouldn't take that long, and would give an accurate wire spacing. It might
be an advantage to provide a small spacing, to allow the insulation coating
to flow between the windings- providing better insulation between turns, and
greater mechanical strength.

It would also be less likely for the wire to get messed up during winding-
since they fall into guide slots.

I was thinking of making a new coil with a very small spacing between the
windings (using #26 wire, and a < 0.1mm gap) -coating with a thickish layer
of epoxy resin. This would hopefully provide a superior layer of insulation
compared to enamel, and the epoxy would run freely into the thin gaps
(especially when heated)...

Is the PVC pipe form likely to break down if I dont pre-coat it?

Should I bother?

Chris