motor questions for RSG

Hi again,

	I Hate to be a pain about this but I would rather not do all the work of
cutting into a motor to make it salient only to find out I should have
gotten something else.  I have found some good prospects at ebay (thanks for
the tip Pholp).  Some of these motors are 1725 rpm (just what I want) but
some say CW or CCW rotation.  If I make it salient will it still perform
this way and if so is this defeating me making it salient (so I don't have
to rotate the motor in a cradle every time I fire up the motor)?  I did not
see any starting cap on pics of any of these CW - CCW motors.
	I remember reading a post from the archives where the writer recommended a
capacitor start, induction run motor with ball bearings to use to modify to
be salient.  I think the author said he was the person who in 1975 came up
with the idea of grinding flats on a non-salient motor to make it salient.
Is this recommendation still a good one?  There are many motors on ebay but
I haven't seen any that specified 'ball bearings'.
	As far as HP goes.  I would be using a 6" diameter 1/4" - 3/8" thick disk
(material unsure as of yet maybe Plexiglas since I have this already) with 4
electrodes on it.  I know John Freau has modified some very small HP motors
and is running 5" or 6" disks just fine.  What minimum HP would you
recommend to use to drive something like what I just specified?

P.S.  Would 1/4" thick, 6" diameter Plexiglas with 4 electrodes mounted 2.5"
off center sound ok to use at 1800 rpm?  I will be running it with one 15/30
NST and may try to in parallel later so I don't need a material that will
have super hot arcs from pole pigs running by it.

Thanks everyone,
John M.