Re: Measured Q (was Homemade chokes)

In a message dated 8/12/00 8:43:13 PM Central Daylight Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

<< However, you really need a metal
 ground plan and some other "ideal" things to have the equations work out
 really close.  The Q is pretty sensitive to what (or who ;-)) is near the
 coil.  I can usually get to within +-50%...

 Cheers,

    Terry >>
Hi Terry,
I know what a ground plane is in electrostatics but would you please explain
how
a ground plane is used when making measurements on a TC?
Also, what are these other "ideal" goodies?

Cheers,
Ralph Zekelman